Remotely upgrading 2,000 servers to Windows Server 2012 from Server 2003
Converted servers at 2,000 retail locations from Server 2003 to Server 2012 hardened to Microsoft Hardening Best Practice.
- Designed OS Group Policy settings based on client environment, software, and Microsoft Best Practice
- Created Domain Group Policy to harden the systems
- Create automated programs to automate the HOST and GUEST install and configuration of all required programs and services:
- Install and configure HOST server from OS payload on USB drive
- Create guest, install and configure Server 2012 Guest
- Join servers to domain and apply group policy
- Install all required programs from network shares
- Worked with onsite Technician to connect server, then remotely perform the conversion (old server data migrates to new Server 2012).